I read almost 52 books a year. That may sound ambitious, but it feels very normal to me. It helps me evolve, advance and achieve the things that I want. I read as long as I can remember. My life is all about learning and explore new things.
The following quotes are an ode to my love of learning and exploring. Besides that, it’s to encourage you to embrace your curiosity when it hits. Here are my top 5 quotes:
1. “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” – Albert Einstein
2. “The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.”
3. “To learn one must be humble. But life is the great teacher.” – James Joyce
4. “One of the secrets to staying young is to always do things you don’t know how to do, to keep learning.” – Ruth Reichl
5. “Curiosity is a delicate little plant which, aside from stimulation, is mainly in need of freedom.”
These were the ones that I liked the most. Use the comment section down below to let me know how you feed your curiosity and what you do to explore and to learn about the things you really like. I’m happy to hear about that!
Every now and then we need to challenge ourselves a bit in order to create an open mind. We all have our own perceptions and opinions and – often subconscious – biases about things. It’s important to keep this in mind if we want to keep improving ourselves and engage in conversations that can change the world for the better too.
Here are 10 quotes that have really helped me to challenge my perceptions, become more accepting and broaden my horizons.
1. “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” – J.K Rowling
2. “Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both before we commit ourselves to either.” – Aesop
3. “What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.” – C.S. Lewis
4. “A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it is not open.” – Frank Zappa
5. “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” – Anais Nin
6. “I think the things you regret most in life are the things you didn’t do.” – Steve Jobs
7. “Every single event in life is an opportunity to choose love over fear.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and renders the present inaccessible.” – Maya Angelou
9. “Your right to speak comes with the duty to listen” – Amit Kalantri
10. “Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.” – Mark Twain
I hope these quotes have left you with the importance of being more open-minded. Tell me, what are your favorite quotes and how do you try to challenge your thoughts, opinions and perceptions? Leave a comment down below!